Did you know that in the past 3 years, 48 participants from 10 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
This course is designed to provide (non-finance) managers with a solid understanding of the financial and accounting processes that you will encounter in your everyday work. Through case studies and class discussions, you will gain the knowledge to view your company from a financial perspective and be taught accounting terms and concepts to help you manage financial matters with confidence.
Course Code: TAPH-44
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand and use specific financial vocabulary
- Apply accounting techniques
- Understand financial reports, including annual reports
- Identify limitations of financial statements
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Financial accounting
- The financial view of the firm
- Content of financial statements
- Accounting rules
- Accounting standards and their impact on accounting data
- Balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows
- Recording transactions in 3 financial products
- Recording transactions in ledger and journal
- Preparing trial balance
- Chart of accounts
- Group discussions
- Case studies
This course is recommended for:
- Business unit managers
- Junior finance managers
- Accounting team managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.