Did you know that in the past 5 years, 226 participants from 56 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Developed and delivered in collaboration with the industry, this course builds on the existing knowledge and expertise of every participant. The curriculum examines safety management concepts from a holistic point of view, supporting an in-depth understanding of factors that influence safety outcomes in an organization. Through case studies and group discussions, you will utilize critical thinking to form defensible safety positions. Additionally, you will be introduced to emerging safety management concepts that will shape Safety Management Systems (SMS) in the coming years.
Course Code: TCVG-30
- Participants should have a strong working knowledge of the SMS framework; extensive experience managing Safety within an organization; and will be required to complete a pre-course questionnaire.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form
or contact the Training Specialist
in your region.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply your knowledge to assess an SMS to identify areas of excellence and improvements
- Formulate actions and assess the potential impact of safety related issues for an organization
- Appraise the organizational context when considering safety improvements
- Create defensible safety positions to support corporate decision-making, while reducing safety risk
- Develop and implement actions to strengthen key safety culture drivers supporting the continuous improvement of an organizations' safety performance
- Differentiate contrasting leadership styles and their influence in implementation and ongoing effectiveness of safety initiatives
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Safety Culture and its drivers in an organization
- Safety Leadership and its role in enabling effective safety management
- SMS Key Appointments, Structures and Committees
- Safety Data and Safety Information – assessment, use and protection
- Facilitating informed decision-making through Safety Risk Assessments Evolution of Safety Management
- This course gives you practical experience using interactive exercises and case studies to plan, implement and operate a Safety Management System.
This course is recommended for:
- Ground Service Providers
- Air Navigation Service Providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.