One step closer to digital cargo
The vision for ONE Record is an end-to-end digital logistics and transport supply chain where data is easily and transparently exchanged in a digital ecosystem of air cargo stakeholders, communities and data platforms.
Data sharing standard
ONE Record Multilateral Data Agreement (MDA)
Discover more on how the IATA ONE Record MDA provides a single non-disclosure agreement standard whereby stakeholders sign once with IATA and exchange through ONE Record with all signatory parties.
The standard specifies
- Data model specification: provides the air cargo industry with a standard data structure for data exchange using JSON-LD that facilitates data integration with existing and new data services;
- API specification: specifies the interface and interaction of the web API or Application Programming Interface that allows airlines and their partners to connect their system directly using best in class web technologies;
- Security specification: uses an industrywide and federated trust network to manage identification and authentication of data sharing systems and ensures data privacy and confidentiality for all parties.
- Data quality and control: Data is shared by a data owner who is in full control of data quality. Data stays at the source and the owner determines who may or may not access their data;
- Visibility and transparency: ONE Record aims to cover the end-to-end transportation chain, from the shipper to the consignee. Each party is able to share data of the shipment with relevant parties, ensuring enhanced visibility and transparency;
- Plug & Play connectivity: ONE Record facilitates the direct connectivity between all the industry stakeholders through the use of web API. This will lead to new cooperative IT solutions and innovation;
- Future of digital cargo: ONE Record creates the foundation for true digital air cargo where airlines, their partners and service providers will be able to develop collaborative and automated digital services;
- Welcome a new generation: ONE Record provides a technology platform that is ready for a new generation of digital natives who will be leading the logistics and transport industry within a decade.
ONE Record Documentation
ONE Record White Papers
ONE Record Tools
ONE Record Standard
ONE Record standards are a powerful approach to bringing stakeholders and systems together and lead the digitalization of air cargo.
ONE Record Insights
Use case development in ONE Record
Building on the experience and tests during 2021, the participants (both current and new) set out in early 2022 to map out new use cases for the coming year. The aim in 2022 is to test the latest data model with exciting new features as developed by the working groups in 2021, connect the different participants together to enhance the interconnectivity, and generally increase the number of participants as the project specifications mature.
Onboarding new participants bring new opportunities as the project continues, as a united logistics industry, to improve the data flow. This is done by testing ONE Record in various environments with different logistics partners. In parallel IATA along with a group of experts continue to refine and develop the ONE Record API and security specifications.
Should you have questions or interested in joining one of these use cases, don’t hesitate to contact us
Please click below for more information on the Use cases:
- Cargo distribution (pdf)
- Customer integration (pdf)
- Enriching commercial documents (pdf)
- ONE Record Airport hub (pdf)
- ONE Record and Existing Messaging Standards (pdf)
- ONE Record node expansion (pdf)
- ONE Record prototyping (pdf)
- Pharmaceuticals (pdf)
- ONE Record for Road Transport (pdf)
- ONE Record Pilot 2019
- Truck-IoT border crossing (pdf)
- ONE Record Cargo Terminal hub (pdf)
- ONE Record Data enhancement (pdf)
- Cargo pre-advise for trucking (pdf)
- ONE Record - Data conversion (pdf)
- ONE Record Cargo Distribution (pdf)
- ONE Record Digital Perishable Import (pdf)
- ONE Record nodes – Shenzhen, China Pilot (pdf)
- eCommerce: RFID data sharing on piece level (pdf)
- ONE Record: multimodal (pdf)
These companies have become the founding nodes of the Internet of Logistics